[pct-l] murky water frequency

belcherjd at juno.com belcherjd at juno.com
Fri May 4 00:03:20 CDT 2012

Mango

Yes, a 1 micron filter would be enough, but, I talking about just a 6 or 7 inch square piece of fabric inplace of a bandanna for straining.

No, I have not tried this yet but can obtain the bio diesel filter online either as a bag or as a sheet of flat fabric for about $20 including shipping.

For my purpose of clearing murky water to ready it for UV purification maybe a 10 micron piece would suffice.?

Back to my original question .... are there going to enough instances of murky/mud puddle water to make it atleast worth while testing.

>From your suggestion that lots of hikers would be interested, I take it that you think it would be worth a try.?

BTW - I've enjoyed you PCT journals over the years.

thx, jon