[pct-l] mailing fuel

Ken Powers ken at gottawalk.com
Thu May 3 22:28:10 CDT 2012

I am confused about your terminology. My understanding is that "Ground" is first class delivery, it just cannot be put on an airplane.

I have been shipping ORM-D packages to General Delivery (post offices) for the last 12 years. They have never said anything to me about it at either the shipping or the receiving  post offices.

I have even seen some interesting exceptions to shipping fuel ground. When Post Masters can see that there is no chance of the package being flown, like delivery to the next town, they have advised me to just ship it without the Ground label.

When we mailed ORM-D packages to Idaho's wilderness inholdings (ranches surrounded by wilderness) the packages are flown in by small planes. I called the air service to ask if my ORM-D package was going to be a problem. They said it was not a problem, that they frequently delivered 55-gallon drums of fuel to these inholdings. My 110 grams of butane looked pretty small at that point.

Ken
www.GottaWalk.com