[pct-l] PCT 2012 Thru-hike Gear List - HELP

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Fri Mar 30 14:18:22 CDT 2012

Scott, et al.

To reduce the chance of puncturing my NeoAir, I carry a cheap closed cell pad to put under it.

Pluses : b etter cushioning for sleep, protection against punctures, great for sitting on at breaks, makes a clean place to lay gear when packing / un packing, doesn't absorb water, easy to clean off in a creek, dries quickly .

Minuses - more wei ght (10.25 oz) and more bul k.  I strap it on the outside of the pack, so th e added bulk isn't a great problem.  The combined weight of the NeoAir and the CC pad is less than my old ThermaRest.

Mango

I just purchased an xlite by neoair for my 2012 pct thru.  I was pretty excited until I read the replies to kimberlies post.  It's hard to beat a one lb inflatable mattress on the trail.  I've owned a regular thermarest for 4 years now and love it.  I know there is that gamble of puncture but my hips and shoulders appreciate the comfort.
Hike on,
Scott

On Mar 27, 2012, at 12:00, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> [pct-l] PCT 2012 Thru-hike Gear List - HELP
To unsubcribe, or change options visit: