[pct-l] SoCal Snow Skills Course Update

ned at mountaineducation.org ned at mountaineducation.org
Wed Mar 28 19:20:01 CDT 2012

Just to let everyone know, it is looking very likely that Mountain Education will be teaching an abbreviated, two-day version of our renown Snow Basic Course the weekend after the Kickoff, May 5th and 6th on Taquitz Peak, San Jacinto, west of Idyllwild, CA!

Now, we need a few more students to express an interest in attending for the course to get the "green light," then we'll put out the complete course description and group email to all students.

A simple course description was published to the PCT-L on March 19th if anyone wants to know what will be taught. If you're interested and missed this description, just let us know and we'll forward it to you.

Remember, the instruction cost is by "suggested donation," which means:

the cost is up to you! First of all, there is no pre-payment required. Then, if at the end of the 2-day course (in the trailhead parking lot) you decide that the trip was priceless, you had a great learning experience, and would recommend it to everyone you know, then offer the suggested donation that reflects that! If you didn't learn anything, the trip was a waste of time, and you'd tell everyone you know not to go to one of these courses in the future, then drive home! Simple as that!

"Just remember, Be Careful out there!"

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education
South Lake Tahoe, Ca. 96150