[pct-l] Coleman gas? + ADZPCTKO

Florence Aza-selinger florenceaza at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 12:49:17 CDT 2012

Hi all,
I bought a Coleman F1 Power stove here in England, and I'm wondering how
readily available gas is along the PCT. It says on the box that it must be
used with ONLY Coleman C100, C250 and C500 cartridges. I'll be doing a
section hike from the border to Big Bear City, will I need to send myself
any cartridges? I plan on cooking most nights, unless this isn't possible.

Also another unrelated question: I missed the ADZPCTKO registration, and I
was dismayed to see they've closed it. Any chance it will open again? And
if not, am I allowed to camp there for one night? or somewhere nearby?

One final note, I can start the trail any day from April 21st to April
26th, is there any day that would be a more preferable start date? Should I
try to start a bit further up the trail? (not sure about rides though) I
don't know if I need to attend KO, but I think it would be great to attend,
and to make friends. If not, I could always start a little earlier. Tips
very much appreciated.

Best Wishes,

Flo