[pct-l] some final thoughts

Jason M. jmmoores1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 19:07:01 CDT 2012

After Action Report: It's not often that I find myself short of words. Yet
I am finding it difficult to access the vocabulary necessary to convey how
big of an impact your enthusiasm to help has had on many of us; most of all
Donna, I'm certain. When we first heard that it was unlikely that L-Rod's
washer would weather another season we were saddened by the knowledge that
none of us was in a position to help. When the idea for raising money on
our own took shape, we had to pause for a moment to consider what it means
to ask for even a small contribution in these hard times. We felt that at
best, we may be able to raise a few hundred dollars, but even this meager
sum would still be better than nothing.

...and so, we gave it a shot.

The final total of your donations literally doubled the $2,000 that
represented our most ambitious goal.

In the end, the money seems absurdly insignificant to me. It's just filthy
paper. The real success story to be told round the fire-ring: involves
something a bit more substantial...community... and further, a long overdue
demonstration of how many lives Donna and Jeff have reached. Yes, we raised
a few thousand dollars... and that was nice...but nothing compared to the
tears of joy that y'all brought to her cheek when she discovered what was
going on.