[pct-l] When was the last fire in the Deep Creek/Holcomb Creek area

Rob Langsdorf mctrob at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 22 01:01:46 CDT 2012

Hi Gang,

    I recall climbing a peak in the Pine Flats area NE of the Holcomb Creek/Deep Creek area and noting that it had been burned over a few years before. Can anyone recall a fire that burned across the trail between 2005 and 2008?

    I am trying to determine how likely it is that the brush has come back on the sides of Holcomb Creek between the Holcomb Creek Trail Camp and the Deep Creek Bridge as I would like to climb Deer Mountain from the Holcomb Creek Trail Camp later this year.

    Thanks for any help you can provide on this,

              Rob