[pct-l] Oregon Section Hikers

R. Patton give_a_rip at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 21 01:00:40 CDT 2012

Thanks to all of you for the amazing response, warm welcome, and making me even more excited about this than I already was (which is saying something).

Sounds like this will be a good first not-too-daunting megahike experience for both of us and the plan is to do all sections eventually and maybe someday move on to the AT and the CDT. I have skied on the CDT for a very short spell and it was amazing!

So, maybe we will be overtaken by all the thrus but that's okay by us. At least we'll get to meet some of you.

I think we will probably start at the Grouse Gap Shelter and pick up those extra 17 miles when we do a CA section.
Grouse Gap sounds easy to get to and a nice place to find our trail legs.

Yay!