[pct-l] Canada

mark utzman blackbelthiker at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 20:31:23 CDT 2012

Hello all, I have a question, I applied for an entrance permit into Canada
and was denied due to a misdemeanor on my record. What is the penalty if I
am caught in Canada without a permit, even denied permission to enter? If I
make it to Canada, I am considering going to Manning Park and catching the
first bus to Vancouver then to Seattle. Too risky?  If caught, will it be
just a deportation, or is it more serious? I wish I didn't even apply for a
permit. Any info on this will help me to know if I need to turn around at
the Canadian border and hike back to Hart's Pass. Thanks all,  Mark