[pct-l] Thru hike question

Scott Bryce sbryce at scottbryce.com
Fri Mar 16 17:37:24 CDT 2012

On 3/16/2012 4:19 PM, Philip Williams wrote:
> Does it still count as a thru hike if I get off for two weeks to
> take my troop to philmont?

Get back on at the same spot and keep hiking. Sure, I'll count it.

Really, there is no clear cut definition of what constitutes a thru
hike. People pretty much decide for themselves whether they want to call
what they did a thru hike. I doubt anybody will argue the point with you
if you take two weeks off because of a prior commitment. It really isn't
any different than if you took two weeks off for medical reasons.