[pct-l] Bear Creek Crossing 2010

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 16 14:54:09 CDT 2012

Once he was in the water, and committed, I agree that Fuzzy Monkey did everything right. HOWEVER: 1) if this was an afternoon crossing, he should have camped and waited for the stream to drop next morning, 2) He should have taken the time to explore upstream to discover a safer crossing - one above tributaries where the volume would be reduced. 3) Also, it appears from the last part of the video, that he had his pants on. Too much unnecessary resistance to the current. Better to take the time to remove pants and brave the cold water, and cross with legs bare to reduce resistance. It's that resistance that can sweep you off your feet.
MendoRider-Hiker - - - as a Monday morning quarterback.