[pct-l] Hitchhiking

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Fri Mar 16 00:17:16 CDT 2012

There are a couple places to be careful when hitching.  One is on 395 in
Nevada, or in Nevada in general.  It's illegal.  I've done it for 30
years getting back to my car and never been hassled.

Crater Lake National Park and Yosemite have outlawed hitchhiking.  I've
hitched in both places, and in both places was picked up by a summer
ranger.  One was mean until I showed I was mellow.  The other just
wanted company.  Plus my friend is beautiful.

Has anyone taken their vagabonding to hitchhiking to the trail on a
private plane???

Jeff...