[pct-l] alternative to bread?

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Thu Mar 15 20:02:05 CDT 2012

I always liked wheat thins. They never break. They taste good.
Another good one is Dr. Kracker. Each cracker is about the size of a
poptart and is covered with your choice of seeds. They're hard as a
rock. Takes forever to eat one. Won't break even being so big.

I read that calories/weight rice cakes have more calories than prime
rib:

prime rib: 367 calories per 100 grams, or about 3.7 calories per gram
rice cakes: 392 calories per 100 grams, or almost 4 calories per gram

Of course, that's because all the weight of the rice cake is caloric
but most of the weight of prime rib is water.
http://www.gnolls.org/2472/when-satiation-fails-calorie-density-oral-
processing-time-and-rice-cakes-vs-prime-rib-why-are-we-hungry-part-5/