[pct-l] Hiking the PCT

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Mar 13 20:02:08 CDT 2012

I'd say you're pretty average among this bunch. Welcome to trail
life. (Should I tell him hiking the trail won't cure him?)

Postholer.com has a good faq. And Planyourhike.com has good info,
too. You'll need the water report, some kind of guide book and some
gear. Planning isn't really THAT necessary. I mean sure, plan all you
want, but you'll probably throw your plans out the window after a
week or two, unless you are a type A kind of person. But you aren't,
otherwise you wouldn't be planning at such short notice.

Good luck.