[pct-l] Horse etiquette

Charles Williams charlesnolie at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 12 16:19:56 CDT 2012

No one is asking you to do something that isn't safe.  If it is truly too steep of a slope to stand on (and that happens) and the trail is only 18 inches wide, then you should back-track to a safer place to cross paths.  I know, it doesn't seem fair that you should have to back track, but turning a string of mules around, or even turning around a group of horsemen, in those same circumstances is asking for an accident.  I'm sorry about the inconvenience I'll cause you, but the right of way is ours for good reason.

QuincyRider

I REALLY dislike watching hundreds of pounds of unstable meat passing
by just above me on a steep slope with an eighteen inch trail.
To unsubcribe, or change options visit: