[pct-l] A little Ruess

mark utzman blackbelthiker at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 13:56:39 CDT 2012

"I have not tired of the wilderness; rather I enjoy it's beauty and the
vagrant life I lead, more keenly all the time. I prefer the saddle to the
street car and the star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult
trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace
of the wild to the discontent bred by cities.....Say that I starved; that I
was lost and weary; that I was burned and blinded by the desert sun;
footsore, thirsty, sick with strange diseases; lonely and wet and
cold...but that I kept my dream!"
                                                          Everett Ruess