[pct-l] Contributing to Common Ground

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Sat Mar 10 23:57:46 CST 2012

Back in 1961 when I started at Iowa State. the University President (as I
recall) repeated a motto carved over a doorway in the Student Union --
     We come not to learn to make a living,
     but to learn to live a life.

That is the gist. I may have mangled the words.

Or as others have said -- we don't live to work, we work to live.

Tortoise

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable
President John F Kennedy,  1962

All content is copyrighted. Reproduction or use elsewhere is is expressly prohibited without the express permission of the author. Use within the PCT-list is permitted.