[pct-l] CHEESE

James Vesely JVesely at edmsupply.com
Fri Mar 9 08:08:13 CST 2012

My wife and I hiked the JMT and brought along individually packaged sliced Kraft pasteurized cheese and it lasted at least 7 or more days and because the individual slices are in there own plastic sleeve they do not stick together.   The cheese is so heavily pasteurized that it never goes bad, seriously I have had the cheese sit in my cheese bin at home for over 6 months and not go bad.

One of my favorite dry cheeses is Pecorino a little salty (you need the salt anyway) and pricy but you can buy it at Costco for a reasonable price.  It has a very long shelf life and I am sure it would last a least a week out of the refrigerator and it is very tasty.

I know the Costco jerky is really tasteless and dry, if you like nuts consider macadamia nuts at 200+ calories per ounce they are like high octane fuel and a good source of protein too.

Jim

Yes, I do not want to eat such a cheese. Last summer, I eat beef jerky
of Costco. It tasted very badly.

Does anyone know dry ( not salty ) cheese? I would like to eat cheese
with my JMT bread. I will go to Los Angeles and I can go to VONS.

--
Sincerely
Hiro    ( Yoshihiro Murakami  村上宣寛 )
To unsubcribe, or change options visit: