[pct-l] Nook Simple Touch and Backcountry Navigator Pro.

be hope bh.csuchico at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 13:29:46 CST 2012

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 10:32 AM, James Vesely <JVesely at edmsupply.com> wrote:

> I posted a video on YouTube showing what is possible with a rooted Nook
> Simple Touch.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiLopnLbUIk
> .

Jim, thank you for the post.  I clicked on the link but "This Video is
Private" popped up.

Last summer I really enjoyed Nook reading on the trail, including Muir’s
“My First Summer in the Sierra” ~~ a free download from Barnes & Noble

The cyber keyboard on my Nook Simple Reader (7.4 oz) is neat for taking
notes, but the Nook software does not let me download the notes.  I can
only read or edit the notes on the Nook in conjunction with reading the
item in the library on my Nook. One can only take notes on the items
purchased (or free) from Barnes and Noble.  If I upload a PDF file to my
Nook, I cannot take notes on that PDF file.  So with the Nook software, it
appears that I cannot use the Nook in a round-about-way for journaling.

Jim, you note that with a rooted Nook Simple Reader, there is an app which
would allow me to use a rooted Nook for trail journaling. Wow ! Is there an
app for a better cypher keyboard than the one that comes with the Nook as
well?  With a rooted Nook, what are the possibilities for Wi-Fi which
transcends the Wi Fi capabilities currently on the Nook Simple Reader? If
you could provide some additional details ~~ or even suggest some apps ~~
I'm sure that those planning on writing on the trail and looking for a Peek
replacement will be thrilled.

be hope

aka Barney