[pct-l] getting out of Canada/ Mazama

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 7 10:35:56 CST 2012

Hello Mademoiselle,

Here is one possibility:  When I rode to the border of Canada in September of 2009, I turned around and rode south to Mazama, where I had last parked my rig at the equestrian center there. I first rode south to the junction of the PCT at Hart's Pass. Then a dirt road descends to Mazama. It is about 20 miles. If you can plan to arrive at Hart's Pass on a Sunday there will be people driving down from the campground there, to Mazama. (If you are lucky, they might also be returning home to the Seattle area).  Mazama is a resort. If you pause to eat there - again on a Sunday - there will be people that you might well meet that will be driving home to the Seattle area.  From there, I'm sure that you could take public transportation to end up at the Dinsmore's. Have a great hike.
MendoRider-Hiker