[pct-l] Water Capacity for Cali?

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Wed Mar 7 09:03:38 CST 2012

Right. I planned to drink all my water before the next non-cache
source. I used the water report to know which sources were already
dry, which were iffy and which still good. I did not always arrive
empty but the shift in my thinking helped me actually drink the water
instead of just carry it. I always hiked through the heat of the day,
too, because I feel hotter just sitting around doing nothing, plus
anxious about not making progress toward the next water. At least if
I was moving there was a breeze. Turns out water sources being 15-20
miles apart is not an issue, and once you get up there to that first
one that's 35 miles, that's not a problem, either.