[pct-l] Fire and smokers

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 13:37:00 CST 2012

That was good - it would have been even better if you and Stan Roy had grabbed him and made HIM pick it up and put it in the trash. Litterbugs are bad and defective people. They need to be taught lessons that they will remember.

Many years ago I had a date with a pretty blond. We had stopped and picked up some take-away food for lunch. I was driving a convertible and had driven up into a mountain area. We were still eating. When she finished she simply threw her left over litter outside. I came to a stop perhaps 150' farther. I told her to get out and recover her litter. She was furious. She refused. She wanted me to just drive her home. I refused. I told her that I would be glad to drive her home, but only after she recovered the litter. Then I took out my key and went for a short walk. I looked back to watch her going back to get the litter. There were no words spoken after that. As you can expect, that was our last date.
But it was an event that, I have never forgotten - and I am sure that she still remembers it well. I wonder if she learned a lesson from that event.

MendoRider-Hiker