[pct-l] Where can I get my Leki trekking poles repaired?

Ingrid happyplate09 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 18:29:38 CST 2012

Dear PCTL-ers,

first of all, thanks for being such an awesome source of information
for all things PCT-related!

I am planning to hike part of the PCT this year, and need to get my
hiking poles repaired for that.  Does anybody have any ideas where I
can take (or send) them?  I caught a bad stumble/fall with them at the
end of my 2009 hike, and I think one of the internal screws (?) got
bent.  In any case, the shock absorption mechanism no longer works
properly for one of the poles.  I can't take them back to where I
bought them because that was in Europe and I live on the East Coast
now.  I already tried contacting Leki via their web site (twice by
now) but no reply.  (Surprising given that they seem to have a
reputation for good customer service.)  If anybody has any advice on
where I could get my poles fixed, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,

Ingrid /
Happy Plate (PCT-CA '09)