[pct-l] Ground sheet querry

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 14:54:22 CST 2012

I used a Tyvek sheet under my rip stop bathtub floor with a 12 year old
Wanderlust and by the time I got to WA, it was still watertight.  It is a
bit of extra weight.  I probably didn't need it, but as I was using a Neo
Air pad which is wonderful, but liable to puncture, I felt the extra weight
was worth it.  I cowboy camped most of the way, and used the Tyvek when I
didn't pitch the tent, so I suppose I really did need it.  When there're no
bugs and it isn't raining, cowboy camping is the only way to go, and the
good news is that the vast majority of the nights on the PCT fell into that
category.  Have a great summer.

Shroomer