[pct-l] tent stakes and water filters for South. Calif.

sandy boyd sandylwes at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 3 17:54:17 CST 2012

 Hi Hiker Trash!
Im starting my month long section hike from Campo March 30 and am wondering about tent stakes  and water filters. I have used the easton 5-6" stakes in the past, but wonder if they will be adequate in the sand. I have a new tent Im looking forward to trying, Gossamer Gear "the one" and am thinking the MSR groundhog stakes may be better???

Also, I usually use Aqua Mirra, but am reading about all the pools/tanks of water we will have to drink from and am wondering if I should bring my filer instead? I can treat and filter thru my bandan if that would be ok.... or is the water likely to be REALLY nasty in April???
Thanks for any advice!
Sandy
AKA "coyote"