[pct-l] List of vitamins

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Thu Mar 1 07:06:48 CST 2012

Good morning, Cameron,

Take a look at Brenda's article.

Good evening, Marion,

My nutrition and Calorie balance is at:

http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=166338

I’ve long been a fan of the series of articles, “Pack Light, Eat Right” by

Brenda L. Braaten, Ph.D., R.D.

http://thru-hiker.com/articles/pack_light_eat_right.php wherein she reports

that hikers probably don’t need any big increase in protein.

Relative to the protein shake, I say if you like the stuff – drink it, but

only if you like it better than other options, rather than because you

think you need it.  Gyms and trainers like to promote the stuff because

it’s a food that is easy to sell, it keeps well, and it’s profitable.

Enjoy your planning,

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09/