[pct-l] Carrying extra water, which container(s) do you use?

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Fri Jun 29 08:09:34 CDT 2012

>> But how do you carry 2 gallons or maybe 2.5?

I don't think that much capacity will be necessary.  In 2010 and (I think) 2011, the late winter / spring storms had the creeks running well.  There were very few places in So Cal where carrying more than 2 or 3 liters was necessary.  I only carried 2 liters and never was in distress.

Watch the weather and the list for info on winter and spring rainfall.  Monitor Asabat's water report for specific conditions as your start date draws near.  You can buy a platypus at the last minute if you think it will be needed.

>>Can you have several platypus in your backpack without it to be 'slushing around'?

E xtra gatoraid or fancy- water bottles (one liter each) might be eas ier to pack and access than a la rge 4 L. platypus.  Plus, they're a lot cheaper.

Good luck.

Mango