[pct-l] WA section in July/August?

CJ & Cristy Miller soggy2pair at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 12:18:19 CDT 2012

Parker,
    This last weekend I was SW of Mt.Adams and, as the weather improves things will definitely pick up in the area's established camp/lakes.
For the most part I would guess you'll be out there alone, except where the PCT crosses forest roads, or passes near camps/lakes where
you'll likely encounter the weekend/extended-weekend campers, fishermen-n-women, etc.

Even though it has been a relatively damp and cool spring most roads and trails are easily clear under 3500' and currently
 in really decent condition. So, by the time July rolls around, even though early in terms of PCT hikers, the trails should be rather
welcoming in the southern WA sections...I'm guessing.

.cj

P Monty iamparkerm at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 18:11:23 CDT 2012