[pct-l] canada entry

Jane Overton neoaflander at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 16:46:23 CDT 2012

We were denied entry into Canada. They searched our RV twice and, of
course, found nothing. They did a complete background check going back 45
years and of course found nothing. They said we needed $5000 cash in case
of emergency to go camping in the provincial parks in BC. I guess this is a
warning. If you have lots of stuff in your RV, they think you are
nefariously sneaking across the border to stay and be a burden on the
system (their words). I cant stay in Canada. I am planning a thru hike to
the pct next year.  The border guard was vile, rude, and disrespectful and
they gave us the third degree. I am a 61 year old granny.

--
Change the world. Plant a tree.