[pct-l] Update from Tuna Helper.

Bill Murphy murphyw at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 22:07:01 CDT 2012

Ryan (Tuna Helper) says;

1325 miles at the pct midpoint. 30d 9h 55m. Should be a new record.

I asked what I could do to help. He says his gear is going well. But I can serve as dietitian to help him gain weight when he gets back. I figure I'll drop him at the combi-kfc-taco-bell, the go to 8 hours at my desk while he eats, then cook a few meals out of butter and bacon for a chaser.  I didn't tell him that burger king is offering bacon Sunday's right now... Sounds like hiker food to me!

It doesn't sound easy. He already is looking forward to the OR border as his next goal. (now that he's past the half.) It is still way to soon to know how it will finish up for him. I do think this progress shows, in an ideal snow year, sub-60-days is possible.

--Pi