[pct-l] jmt vs. pct and blowdowns

tracy day mammoth_runner at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 19 15:53:37 CDT 2012

i just did mammoth pass to tuolumne meadows on the jmt route. very few hikers out there on the jmt. blowdowns were significant but most of the trail was clear. the remaining trees across the trail slow you down but it wasn't a problem. maybe slowed me down 10%. totally doable and in my opinion worthwhile.  cant remark on the pct high teail as i haven't done that this year but the rumour on the trail is that there is less blowdown.
and the jmt is definately more scenic.
mammothrunner.