[pct-l] Sawyer In-Line filter review by 2011 thru-hiker

Bill Burge bill at burge.com
Sun Jun 17 23:17:27 CDT 2012

The pressure generated by a fluid acted upon solely by gravity is based entirely on the height of the water above the device experiencing the pressure.

So, length of tubing limiting the height of the bladder above the filter determines the pressure.  Have a one liter bladder 2 feet above the filter generates more pressure than a 10 liter bladder 1 foot above the filter...

At least, that's what I recall from my high school physics class...

SomeGuy
Bill Burge
bill at burge.com