[pct-l] PCT 2013

mkwart at gci.net mkwart at gci.net
Thu Jun 14 13:24:43 CDT 2012

Hi, Gary:

Yogi's book is a good source to see if you can re-supply along the way.
A good website that has researched PCT resupply towns is
http://planyourhike.com. I never mailed myself food, and found even some
small gas station stores satisfied my needs. If you aren't a picky eater
and can tolerate eating top ramen, macaroni and cheese, pop tarts and
other stuff that car campers love and the small convenience stores
stock, then you're home free. Otherwise, you may need to mail yourself a
package. You can also mail yourself stuff when you get to a town that
has good food  in a bounce box. Now, I make all my own beef jerky and
granola, so do mail myself those items. The trade off with buying as you
go is that you spend a lot of time on your zero day buying and
re-packaging food instead of relaxing. I also receive my mail at home in
a private mailbox service, so they will store and send packages to me
because I pay them a monthly fee.

Another source of info is checking trail journals (trailjournals.com or
postholer.com) to see where people re-supplied successfully and plan
your hike to stop at the same places.
--Fireweed