[pct-l] Reply to Len Glasser's post #6

Carol Feinberg carol.feinberg at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 10 13:15:25 CDT 2012

Hi Len,
Thank you so much for the update on trail conditions! We will begin our southbound hike on the JMT on June 19.  I wonder if the concentration of downed trees you encountered after Silver Pass was north of Squaw Lake and before the Cascade Valley junction? If you have the time and inclination to report on the state of the blowdown from Mammoth to Island Pass that would help  us and probably many others.

I noted your trail finding to get to Mammoth. I called Reds Meadows. The staff initially reported that they hoped to open on June 16. Then, their opening was pushed back by the Forest Service to June 22.

They told me that they think it likely they'll be able to open the 22nd.

Thanks,
Carol Feinberg