[pct-l] After Action Report - Walker Pass Food Ruck and Kickback

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Tue Jun 12 07:00:07 CDT 2012

Yes, your PCT ruffian and goof-off, Switchback, cheated death once again.  This time at the 2012 Ruck.  Once again Meadow Ed, Crash and a host of supporters did a great job.  Grizzly Bear Bait was running around having fun with his toys.

I, of course, had a great time.  I stayed in Kern River at some nice motels with air conditioning, remote control TV and a big nice bed.  Yes, this trail support is hard, but someone has to do it.  I brought tons of donut holes and chips to the Ruck.  Everyday I hauled in ice for the hikers.  As they arrived at the campsite, they got a big cheer and cold beer, ice cream, and food.  This was very much appreciated.

Great to see old friends and new hikers every year at the Ruck.

Your obedient servant and trail knave,

Switchback the Trail Pirate
May the Forest Be With You