[pct-l] Cheryl Strayed's book

Craig Giffen cg at lunky.com
Sat Jun 9 22:53:47 CDT 2012

Hmm, yeah.  In 1996 there was a southbound hiker with the trail name of the "Unabonger" whose personal mission was to smoke out (or at least offer to) every northbound hiker.

Speaking of fear/uncertainty/doubt.  When I went to Australia in 2002-03 everyone was telling me to be worried about the snakes/spiders/heat/semi trucks.  Those were all a non issue.  Since I was on a bicycle, what they should have told me to look out for were young teenager drivers.  More than once was my life in danger from these kids screwing around.

Then again, I had a kid in Australia ask me how many drive by shootings I had seen in the USA or if I knew anyone who had been shot.

Craig