[pct-l] The "Lost" effect on the PCT community

mkwart at gci.net mkwart at gci.net
Thu Jun 7 14:37:14 CDT 2012

One wrinkle in the equation that didn't happen with Bill Bryson's book
on the AT, is that Cheryl Strayed's book may be made into a movie
starring Reese Witherspoon. This could cause an extra spurt in interest
and participation. One thing I hope is that the PCTA and other trail
organizations recognize this and gear up for major educational pushes to
correspond to the increase in interest. More people who know about the
trail can mean more money for maintenance and acquisition of land to
protect the trails. We're definitely not going to be in Kansas
anymore........

--Fireweed