[pct-l] Trekking Poles

Travis Bell mudpoet at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 15:57:07 CDT 2012

Hello all,

I'm looking at trekking poles and trying to decide what is best for the
PCT.  I've got a bit of a trick knee, so I want to make sure I get the best
for such a long hike.  For this particular piece of equipment, cost isn't a
concern.

So....

1) Brand?  I've heard a lot of good things about Black Diamond, and it
seems to be really popular.  There's usually a reason.
2) Anti-shock vs Standard?  I'm thinking Anti-shock is the way to go, but
I'd love to hear some opinions.
3) Aluminum or Carbon fiber?  Aluminum is lighter, so I'd imagine that's
the way to go.  Is there a particular "type" of aluminum I should look for?
4) Cork or foam grip?
5) Anything I'm forgetting?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,