[pct-l] (no subject)

Scott Bryce sbryce at scottbryce.com
Tue Jul 31 18:56:09 CDT 2012

On 7/31/2012 9:30 AM, Jordan Jlongcullars wrote:
> I am atemptting to do the PCT April 2013.  No one that I know will
> make the journey with me. I will hike by myself, but looking for
> someone to hike with... Any suggestions?

About 400 people will begin their hikes within a 3 week window starting
in mid April. Odds are that you will meet someone on the trail that
matches your hiking pace and style. Partnerships will form and break as
you decide to do extra miles, or stay in town an extra day, or skip the
next town stop. You won't really be aware of the number of people hiking
around you, since you are all moving at about the same pace in the same
direction, but when you get to a water source, or town stop, or trail
angel's home, you will meet any number of people who may also be looking
for someone to hike with.

If you want a hiking partner, just start hiking alone at the border and
expect to meet someone in the next few days. Or maybe someone who starts
the same morning you do will partner with you from the very beginning.
Or attend the kickoff and befriend any of the hundred or so hikers who
will leave Lake Morena when the kickoff breaks up.