[pct-l] bad hikers, 2012

Heike Carrel hcarrel26 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 31 00:33:22 CDT 2012

Interesting thread... I know about "Opposite Day" too, but I don't assume everyone does. When I lived in the UK, I remember asking a coworker for a "Sharpie" (because EVERYONE knows what a Sharpie permanent marker is, right?) She just looked at me and said, "A what?!" ...and then I proceeded to describe the "marker pen" that was within hand's reach of her. haha!  Lesson learned: Never assume!!***Maybe many of you knew what "opposites day" means but I never heard the
term until this series of messages.
Just because you and your buddies know what a term means, don't assume the
general populace of California or even trail towns knows.

My 2¢

Tortoise

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable
President John F Kennedy,  1962