[pct-l] Whitney Expedition...good news & bad news

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Wed Jul 25 00:24:05 CDT 2012

Hi gang,.........trouble is back in town!!!
That, of course, is  ''good news''  for the girls but  ''bad news'' for
the guys.
The bad news,  I will be in town for only a very limited time.
That, of course, is  ''good news''  for the guys but  ''bad news'' for
the girls.

Just got back from my failed Whitney  "Expedition".
The plan was to go from Horseshoe Meadow to Whitney via Soldier Lake and
Sky Blue Lake and then, at about Mt. McAdie, try to follow the ridge to
the Whitney Trail at Trail Crest instead of going over the ridge
dividing the upper Rock Creek Basin from the Crabtree Lakes Basin and
dropping into the Crabtree Lakes Basin and go to Whitney via Crabtree
Lakes, or dropping into the Crabtree Basin and then scrambling up the
ridge separating the Crabtree Basin from the Lone Pine Creek-Whitney
Portal Basin and dropping down onto the Whitney Trail by Trail Crest
which I have done several times

Unfortunately, without mountaineering gear, I have not been able to find
a route along the ridge to Trail Crest without first dropping into the
Crabtree Lakes Basin......BUMMER!!!....I'm a looser!!!
Perhaps I'm getting to old for this.

JMT Reinhold
aka ''the Desert Rat''
aka ''the River Rat''
aka ''the Ski Bum''
aka "Sweet Reinhold" (only the girls call me that)