[pct-l] Sierras or bust

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Mon Jul 23 00:28:43 CDT 2012

We tried a 32 day llama trek, starting on July 12.  We found the trail
was impassible to stock between the Fish Creek bridge and Squaw Lake,
because of so many downed trees with dangerous detour conditions.  Out
there, an injured llama is a dead llama, so it wasn't worth the risk to
try to proceed.  On our way back we met the trail crew working on the
switchbacks above Tully Hole.  They are working their way south to
Silver Pass but there is a ton of work to be done, all with hand saws.
We came home on Friday and regrouped.  We are heading out tomorrow for a
12 day trek with two llamas, northbound from Trail Pass.
Conditions are excellent out there right now.  Very few bugs, great
weather, plenty of flowers and low water crossings.  I can't wait to get
back on the trail.
Llamalady