[pct-l] Trail angel in LA acting as gear mailbox?

Anne Estoppey anne_estoppey at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 21 18:01:06 CDT 2012

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a possibility to find a trail angel who would perhaps agree to act as a mail box for my gear. I live in Europe, and quite a few items I am interested in comes from the States. I don't see the point to pay a lot for shipping to Europe, and a bit later I travel with the same gear back to the US. I think that TrailDesigns don't even ship to Europe... I will start hiking first in Hawaii from about mid-December. My idea was to travel via Los Angeles just before that a) to buy some remaining gear at REI, b) to pick up my gear if I manage to find a trail angel in LA who acted as mailing box.

Please tell me if I am completely "off the tracks" for such a request. I am not sure otherwise how to get in touch with trail angels to ask them directly. I don't know if any trail angels are in the PCT mailing list at all.

Unfortunately I can't bring any food rewards from France (except chocolates!), because importing any meat product to the US is forbidden (and this time I will enter with a proper visa, not the default 3 months thingie, so no funny stuff ;-)

Thanks in advance for your replies and hints :-)
Anne