[pct-l] Opposite Day

Ken Murray kmurray at pol.net
Sat Jul 21 14:18:28 CDT 2012

"Any person with some level of intelligence would know what opposites day
is. If the bill was in fact paid, no one here has any right to say anything
about someone's sense of humor as I'm quite certain not all your jokes are
laughed at. Perhaps bad taste - but I have 3 young sons, and I hate
opposite day lol but it is just in fun."

Interesting proposition.

I'd never heard of Opposite Day until this.  a bit of looking seems to associate it with a children's game.
Does that mean that those without children are "without some level of intelligence"?

Also an interesting excercise in logic:
"Obviously is wrong in itself, because if everything is opposite, than opposite day cannot exist.
And no, it can't go the other way, obviously, since there is no opposite day."

which means that it gives "plausible deniability" to an insult, because of the inherent logical fallacy
involved.

So you can insult, actually making the insult, but seeming to take it back, when you actually meant it.

Childish games are so fun, aren't they?

Austin, can't help but wonder, if you got an email from a parent of another child where one of your young children went to school, that the teacher was a convicted pedophile-----opposite day.

I'll bet you'd laugh and laugh.  And then wonder why someone you don't know would say that to you.......