[pct-l] Need planning advice

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Mon Jul 16 22:27:42 CDT 2012

I've not done a thru hike so I won't be real specific.

First, how much backpacking experience do you have? If you haven't already
done a multi-day hike do some this year and next including a few days at
least when the weather is bad. It would be good to try out your shelter
plan close to home or car during a cold wet storm. How well can you handle
this?

Read some of the trail journals on postholer.com and trailjournals.com to
get more of the flavor of a thru hike.

Read this list and multiple divergent opinions about every issue. Then
decide for yourself.

And if you don't know where to begin, just begin something -- conditioning,
food ideas, maps, etc.

Tortoise

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable
President John F Kennedy,  1962

All content is copyrighted. Reproduction or use elsewhere is is expressly prohibited without the express permission of the author. Use within the PCT-list is permitted.