[pct-l] sleeping pads

Craig Giffen cg at lunky.com
Mon Jul 16 12:18:57 CDT 2012

I second this.  I never had puncture problems on the PCT.  I even took one of the 1" thick ones too and it was a bit heavier.  The key thing is, I got a lot better night's sleep on the Thermarest than I did on the foam.   This meant I had a lot more energy the next day and it would offset any weight savings with the foam.  The Thermarest I have now is a lot lighter and compacts pretty small.

cg