[pct-l] sleeping pads

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 15 21:00:00 CDT 2012

Hello Chris,

I use a Thermarest self-inflating air matteress. The one that I use is 47" x 20" x 1.5". I am carefull not to puncture it - no leaks in the several months that I have used it on the PCT. When deflated, it is only 4" x  9" and weighs about a pound. A big advantage compared to a foam pad is that it is a LOT more comfortable - and you can adjust the firmness by simply adjusting the amount of extra air that you blow in.

Have a great hike.

MendoRider-Hiker (Ed Anderson)