[pct-l] Pacific Crest Trail Days 2012

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Sun Jul 15 00:30:53 CDT 2012

I hadn't seen anything about this event in the forum so looked it up at
http://www.pcta.org/general/calendar.asp

"On Saturday, August 25th, 2012 the sixth annual "Pacific Crest Trail Day"
will take place on Thunder Island at the Marine Park in Cascade Locks,
Oregon.

Like last year, it is bound to be a great time for people to get together
and celebrate the past, present and future of the Pacific Crest Trail.

Attendees may arrive to Thunder Island, located in the Marine Park of
Cascade Locks at 10 a.m. on Saturday, August 25 and stay until 4 p.m. on
Sunday, August 26th. Camping on-site is free and there is no charge to
attend the event."

The event is worth attending if only to see the full line of shelters by Six
Moon Designs...and the displays by several other vendors. I even got to meet
Balls and Sunshine in the parking lot as I was leaving.