[pct-l] Bathroom stops

mkwart at gci.net mkwart at gci.net
Thu Jul 12 12:15:52 CDT 2012

The first few days backpacking I have to pee frequently (the first day
out almost once per hour). Then the frequency diminishes. I strill have
to pee about 8 times a day. I use a cottage cheese container to pee into
at night inside my tent so it doesn't disrupt my sleep as much having to
get out of the tent. I put the cover back on the container and just
dispose of the contents in the morning. I read the Andrew Skurka book
where he says he uses three sheets of toilet paper a day--I ration about
10. I've also switched from regular toilet paper to cutting sheets of
good quality paper towels in quarters--it is more absorbent for the size
than toilet paper. I have also used the small travel packets of
kleenex,which do not have to be cut and our local hardware store often
has them on special in their bargain bin at 10 packs for $1.50.
--Fireweed