[pct-l] Newbie - 'alone in the dark' freak outs on the trail

Trailwife at aol.com Trailwife at aol.com
Tue Jul 10 07:51:27 CDT 2012

Anne

After 72 years, 10,000 trail miles, and  a few hundred nights sleeping with
no one else nearby, I still get "that alone,  scary feeling" quite often. I
have learned to accept and at times embrace it.  I remember one night alone
in a Long Trail leanto while the rain  poured most of the night. I don't
think I ever slept any  better.

Take your little stuffed toy or whatever  you want, develop a routine and
learn to enjoy being with  yourself.

The Old  RidgeRunner

In a message dated 7/10/2012 4:43:02 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,